Ibis Hotel, Brighton
Shear Design were commissioned by Julian Hodge Bank as Civil and Structural Engineers on this town centre, infill development in Brighton.
The Hotel is built over split levels with the thresholds on Queens Road being two storeys higher than the rear access off Fredrick Street.
The new development was preceded by the demolition of an existing Casino which was also part of the main contract.
The 10 storey Hotel (plus plant on roof) is constructed in reinforced flat slab concrete with shear walls and columns designed to offer maximum useable space for the hotel operator.
In addition to the typical Civil and Structural design services, Shear Design also provided the following services on this project.
• Party Wall information
• Demolition specifications and temporary work principal design
• Flood risk assessment
• BREEAM compliance reports on recycled materials and pollution
• Build near to / over Notice designs for public sewers
• Section 278 design for modifications to the footways and roads
• Approval in principal and design certificates for structures supporting the highway.